Gone are the days when Youtube was just meant to watch interesting videos, shows or movies; today, the uses of this medium are far more than that. Despite being one of the most prominent video streaming and viewing platform out there, Youtube dived into the world of live streaming on social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram. Many of these social media platforms had to catch up to the marketing and digital marketing trends that youtube live streaming solutions have led to.
Big names in the social media and digital industry have been making use of live webcast on youtube not only as a communication tool but also for boosting business for many brands. With more than a billion active users every month, youtube live stream events are a trendy medium for broadcasting live videos. Since Google owns Youtube, the videos are even more popular and rank higher in searches. To fulfil your own live streaming needs, you should first know how live broadcast on youtube works.
Live Stream on Youtube
The main thing that you require to live webcast on youtube is a verified account that passes the eligibility criteria of the app. There two main ways through which you can youtube live stream events, they are:
Live Stream on Youtube Through PC/ Webcam
For live streaming on your personal computer or via a webcam, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log into your verified youtube account and click on the video camera icon on the top left side of the screen. It is the upload button which then gives you the option to either upload video of go-live, choose “Go Live” option.
- Once you select the webcam for your streaming, write down the title and a brief description of what your stream is about for the viewers.
- You can adjust the settings from “more options” tab and eve schedule your stream for a later date. You can hit save and be ready to cover your live video.
- Once you are done, end stream and you will find that the stream will be archived to be watched under the live tab.
Live Stream on Youtube Through Mobile Phone/Tablet
For live streaming from your mobile phone or tablet device, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- When you go on your youtube account and tap at the camera icon, it will ask you permission to access the phone camera, mic and storage space.
- Once you choose to“Go Live”, you can write a title and optional description for the streaming video.
- When you move forward to the “more options” tab, you can also make advanced adjustments like age restrictions, monetisation, live chat etc. You can even add custom thumbnails to your stream.
- After you are finally streaming, you can end the stream when it’s done by clicking on FINISH. It will be archived in the next 12 hours to be available under the “My Pages” tab.
- You can later change the privacy settings of an archived live broadcast on youtube so that selected audiences can only view it.
Live Chat in Youtube Live Stream Events
Live chat in such live streams on youtube is available on the right side of the window, and the audience can interact or send comments about the stream to the host. The maximum character limit here is 200, and no more than three comments are allowed by a single account. During any youtube live stream events, you can also filter out inappropriate or spam comments so that only selected comments are shown.
Because this is such a great way to have your viewers be participative and involved, Youtube has also launched a separate “Super Chats” option in the USA and Canada. Not only does it increase the fun for fans and creators, but it also lends a helping hand to charitable works through donations. Youtube streaming companies are especially taking up this opportunity to play the market better.
Automatic Captions in Youtube Live Streaming Solutions
You may have noticed that many of the youtube videos that you watch have the option to see auto-generated captions. This same feature is available for live streaming videos too. The technology behind this is Machine learning that recognises the speech on its own. While this feature currently only works for the English language, the response to this feature is overwhelmingly positive.
Things to keep in mind for Youtube streaming service companies
There are a lot of things to keep in mind if you are looking to do youtube live stream events professionally. Here are some of the tips that you can follow to make it more useful and better in achieving the goal set beforehand:
- The type of content that you are aiming to publish a lot. Make sure that you are not violating any community guidelines with inappropriate content that may disturb the viewers.
- When you are taking the help of youtube live streaming service companies, make sure that none of your private or personal information is let out in the live videos.
- To be able to stream a multiple-camera and audio input stream, you need encoders. Youtube itself recommends some external live encoders like Open Broadcaster Software, Stage Ten, Streamlabs and Wirecast for this purpose.
- You should know that not all individuals who tune in to your stream have a favourable response to it. Along with trolls on the internet, there would likely be people who would have unfavourable and unpleasant things to comment. The best solution to this is to block them, something a lot of content creators need to use.
- When you are getting ready to live stream, ensure that you have a large bandwidth internet to upload your videos with a streaming bitrate without problems.
There are many youtube streaming service companies in the industry that offer a lot of different solutions to your digital media marketing problems. It is the time to look into those and get on the train with other brands and businesses that are harnessing the full potential of a live stream on youtube.